Personal Sampler CIP 10
The “Swiss Army Knife” of Air Sampling
- Modular architecture with interchangeable selectors for different fractions
- 3 selectors available, inhalable, thoracic, respirable
- Very stable high flow rate generated by a rotating foam
- Omnidirectional aspiration
- ON/OFF by magnetic switch
- Rechargeable internal battery
- Battery life up to 26 hours
- Ergonomic, light and compact
- Supplied with its mounting harness
- Dedicated calibration system (optional)
- Protection class
The individual dust sampler CIP 10 has been developed by INERIS (Institut National français de Recherche et de Sécurité) to meet the requirements, rigors and needs of coal mines.
Nowadays this small and compact instrument is intended for the collection a variety of dusts, such as silica gel and many others, inhaled by the workers during their shift.
Principle of operation
The air sampling is done by the rotation of a foam, whose spin generates aspiration flow rate of 10 l/min, similar to the human respiratory flow rate. Considering the quantities of dust collected through this relatively high flow rate, the weight measurement can be accomplished by using a 0.1 mg precision balance.
Different quantitative analysis of the collected aerosols can be conducted after rinsing, dissolving or incinerating the rotating foam.
The polyurethane foam creates the air flow and collects the dust
Depends on the selector installed:
Internal rechargeable battery
up to 26 hours on a single charge
300 gr. (10.6 oz.)
175 x 70 x 45 mm (6.8″H X 2.8″W X 1.8″thick)